Old March 12th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

Default Elcaset- worth a try

On Mar 12, 12:35 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

Huge honking cassettes, no application outside the home, failure to
have a companion car audio product, the rumors of the coming
CD-A...all considered to kill Elcaset before it started. People in
the high end market already knew about the coming IEC standards
change, Dolby "C" and even the CD-A...why go for better tape
performance when other, more usable format changes were coming?

ps- your previous posts give away your true desire for the Elcaset
system- don't deny it

you said:

"If I really wanted to explore "packaged" analog tape to its
farthest development, I'd get into Elcaset from Sony. Now THERE'S an
arcane format, and probably the best ever attempt to get RTR fidelity
from a cartridge of any sort."

see it he

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...7e02380df91ea2