Old June 11th 04, 11:03 PM
Bob Streeter

Default Can anyone read German? (0/1)

I have a book here about Wilhelm II by Paul Meinhold, published in
Germany 1912. While looking through the book, I found a letter tucked
in which I can't begin to reard. It's in the old handwritten German
script, dated Potsdam, 1888 (I think) There is a black border arounf
the page, which I am told signified death or funeral correspondence.
At the top of the first page is a very regal llooking "W", topped with
a crown. The letter is signed but I can't read the name. I did find an
image of, Kaiser Wilhelm, father of Wilhelm II. This does appear
similar. If anyone give me an idea of what this says I'd appreciate
it. I'll try to include some links to images of the letter, but not
sure if they'll work. If not, email me and I'll try to send images.
I have visions of the letter being from Kaiser Wilhelm, maybe his last
will. "I do hereby leave Germany to Junior" Am I close?