Old June 28th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Dueling authors.... well, ideas anyway.

On 27 Jun 2006 15:43:02 -0700, wrote:

Dave wrote:
On 26 Jun 2006 17:16:52 -0700,
wrote:

Tsk, I should have remembered 1984 at least from Lit class, but it was

always scheduled in the morning ....

That strikes me as a bit bizarre,
because almost any person of
normal reading ability EXPERIENCES
"1984" and could not forget the story
if he wanted to. We are not talking
about multiple story lines and dozens
of characters to keep track of, after
all. You have never experienced
the novel, or you would be thoroughly
ashamed to post such a comment
(though you are to be preferred to
the literary poseurs -- too many of
which hang out in misc.writing --
trying to impress others by
pretending to have read and
understood books that their posted
comments reveal them to be
little-acquainted with).

[Memo from the upstairs office]

Lawrence Person
Lame Excuse Books
Stock available online at
www.tomfolio.com (searched by
www.bookfinder.com), or at:
http://home.austin.rr.com/lperson/lame.html

Thanks again,

Dave

STFU Palmjob.

Your prattling and bleating are only surpassed by your constant self
promotion. How many regular posters to this group (besides the
obvious ONE) have been run out of other Usenet groups?
How many posters here have a Gold Star (with Oak Leaf Clusters) on the
KOOK Walk of Fame?
As the self-annointed " Usenet's Most Widely Read Author" a collection
of your excrecia, if conglomerated as a fecal bolide, would be large
enough to alter the Earth's axis and exterminate all life.

I have heard them called "The Library", "Reading Room", "Meditation
Chamber", but I have never heard a toilet called "Upstairs Office"
before.

Dave