Old December 29th 03, 05:26 AM
Bob Peterson

best bet is to head to the library and get a standard catalog of world
coins. it has just about every coin minted in it (at least for the
countries named) and can guide you to identifying them. a red book would be
better for us coins if they have one.

otherwise you could post scans of the coins on a webpage and post the
addresses of the scans here and someone will no doubt be willing to ID them
for you.

"amarie" wrote in message
om...
I recieved some old coins as a gift but know next to nothing about the
value of them or even where some are from!
I have about 30 coins-from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. I can
tell some are german, canadian and US but others I can only guess. Any
help would be much appreciated! A good book or website that can help
me figure out what they are worth would also be nice
Thank You!