Old September 2nd 08, 05:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

Default who made the Wreath Ideal Pen?

What a cool thing to find! I've never heard of "Wreath" myself -- I suppose
one hypothesis could be that it was made by a third-tier manufacturer hoping
to catch some of the reflected luster of nice pens with wreath logos (e.g.
Waterman, who of course made "Ideal" pens).

In the photo, the pen appears to me to be hard rubber, which would suggest
that it was made before the 1930's. There are other possibilities for that
blind cap, for example a twist filler or button filler.

If you can ease the cap off and there's a nib underneath, the imprint might
help you ID the pen.

Brian