Old April 15th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe

Default Are "forever" USA postage stamps sold at the current first classmail price?...

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Well ... considering that the price raises are of the order of 2-5% and
you're prepaying the gummint, your loss of interest and tie up of capital
makes it nearly a draw.

Only valid time to buy is the week before announced price increase, and only
what would be a few month's (3-6?) supply.

The Forever stamps are a big improvement over having to purchase a bunch
of one or two-cent stamps when postal rates go up.

I'd say a year's supply would be a good idea. Of course a year's supply
for me would be about 60 stamps. And it's not as if I'd be stuck with
the stamps when the rates go up again next year.

Bill