Old December 14th 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.stamps, rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default Question: Scott Internation, Part 2 - Algeria Scott # for This?

On Dec 13, 7:13 pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
Hi,

Me again. Since I'm posted wanted ads anyway, I figured I'd break down and
ask this questions. It's been bugging me for some time.

In the Scott International Part 2 pages for Algeria (1944-49), I have a
missing stamp and I can't indentify exactly what I should be looking for, by
Scott #. I've seen other "well filled" albums and this stamp seems to be a
common hole. Argh. I'll have to take my own picture of it, the one online
that inspired me to finally ask isn't as good as I thought ... hang on a
sec.

Ok, I'm mildly embarrassed to show my messy page. Ok, so I have worse.
Please take a look:

http://www.mr2ice.com/AlgeriaPart2Page.jpg
http://www.mr2ice.com/AlgeriaPart2CloseUp.jpg

I've looked over my catalogs and unless I'm being really dumb (and that's a
realistic possibility , I can't find a listing for "30c Black, Red Orange
and Yellow".

On the big/full page, the hole should be obvious, 3rd row from the bottom,
far right side. The closeup shows it very clearly.

Can anyone PLEASE help and tell me what I should be looking for? Scott #
would be great!!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

I checked Yvert for Algeria and they only list the 10c ARMS OF
CORSICA
(#243) and the 50c ARMS OF LORRAINE (#244). There is no missing
number.

Maybe the 30c was planned for Algeria (it was overprinted for
Reunion)
but did not materialize in Algeria.

Blair