Old August 17th 05, 01:21 PM
note.boy

Scottishmoney wrote:

"note.boy" wrote in
Provenances are given for some lots, "ex Pringle" etc. so that is useful
for
checking the cost then and the grade then also. Billy

PLMK if you notice any "upgrades".

I am going to follow these auctions, I have examples of several of these
notes, and would like to see how they fare sale wise.

A quick look has revealed one already, lot 634 Tweed Bank £20 1 January 1829,
very fine.

It was lot 672 in the Pringle auction, good fine.

The Pringle estimate was £120 to £150 and it sold for £220 + 15%.

The new estimate is £350 to £400, a bit of a jump in 2 1/2 years.

My pension fund may take a leap in value if the estimates for the auction
prove to be accurate. :-)

There's a very nice photograph of Mr Macmillan in the catalogue and I will
continue my habit of getting the seller to sign my catalogue, not possible
with Doctor Pringle of course as he was deceased.

If the sale goes well the drinks may be on Mr Macmillan at the AGM of the
Scottish Chapter of the IBNS in Edinburgh two weeks after the auction. Billy