Old January 28th 12, 07:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

Default Seeburg Cartridge 345-03D vrs Stereo Cartridge

On Jan 27, 1:43*pm, countdown wrote:
* Rob, My mono adaptor has *pins tied together (4 into 2). Is that
different than what your saying about only one channel? * What do you
think about a "good" mono red head vrs stereo with adaptor.

*Thanksfor your time, *Johnny

Johnny, if your adapter has the cart strapped mono then you should be
good in that regard.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'good' redhead.

The original red pickup was, at best, mediocre. Aside from using the
bent styli to permit it to play stereo records w/out ruining them
(though still hard on them) there really isn't much you can do to
improve the sound. The later (SS-160-up) pickup is far superior. If
you use this pickup, I'd recommend making sure that the arm is well
balanced and that the tracking force is in the 3-4 gram range.

Output is lower than the original redhead w/mono spike needles so
you'll have little or no AVC action but the sound and wear will be
much better.

Rob/NYC