Old April 10th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default My latest coin acquisition

james durham wrote:
Wow that's a pretty coin ya got there. May i ask what ya got it for?
I'm attending a show in about a month and a half and am ready to go.
I wanna buy one roll of wheats from each decade. How much should i
pay for rolls by decade? Being my first show ill be honest i just
dont know prices and dont intend to be ripped off. Signed the other
James a.k.a The newly reformed punctual capitalist. LMAO @ myself i
just come up with that in my head

I never reveal what I pay for coins, but if you happen to have a recent
Redbook, you can look on page 60 and find that variety priced in several
grades.

I don't know that I've ever seen rolls of wheats sold by decade. If they
are, you can be sure that they have been artificially put together and
totally devoid of anything that might be better than average. You may be
setting yourself up to be ripped, so I'd advise you look for specific
date/mint combinations, as those fit a more regular price schedule.

James