Old June 25th 08, 04:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Mike Wier

Well, my experience with watching kids is two things...1) they usually
are NOT interested in autographs. but if they are, if it's a kids
thing like Hanna Montana or High School Musical, yeah, let them get
what they want (or for a boy, a hero baseball player etc) 2) they
don't know anything about graphs and don't take care of it, so in a
year or so, it'll be crap, if it's not before they leave the event; so
best to get them to get two if possible (one to keep and one to put
away). half the time our collections, or money we get from them go to
the kids anyway.

I remember meeting Amanda Bynes. There were maybe three adults there
but the rest were kids. I noticed kids doing things like ripping out
notebook paper, or if they had photos they were rolling it up and
playing with it, and some had DVD covers and wrote on the back...
little hearts and stuff like that. They don't really know the value
etc. I know you're not supposed to worry about value, but even if you
don't care, if you ruin the item, you can't take it out and enjoy it
20 years later as a memory of your experience. So it's a weird thing.
On one hand you want them to be kids and do what they want, but on the
other hand you want to watch for them.

I recently got Jack Hanna's autograph. About 80% were kids. I got
the graph for my grandbaby. It's her very first graph. I am making a
scrapbook for her. She won't appreciate it though. Might be 20-30
years old before she will! Well of course now she's not even a year
old so... I am thinking ahead for the future; it's our job as adults.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:52:32 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

that's really cool...
1 rule, don't use children..the kids should be able to keep their
autographs, not give them to their parent's, uncles or cousins. wives,
well, it's going to both of you, so no worries anyway. but kids should
only be asking for autographs for themselves, parent's shouldn't take
away the experience so that they can keep it.
mike