Old January 10th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Can't they redesign the $1 Bill if...

Okay,

I read about the "Cents for Sensibility Act" and I'm pretty sure that,
if the composition of the U.S. coinage is changed, it will cost
vendors ALOT of money to reprgram their machines to take the new
coins, SO...

IF these ideas go through, can't we redesign the half dollar coin to
fit in vending machine coin slots? And can't the vendors program their
machines to take these new halves?

And more importantly, can't the Treasury redesign the $1 (and $2)
bills, and can't the vendors just upgrade for the new $1 (and $2)
bills while they have their machines torn to hell to reprogram for the
new coins?

(Don't give me crap about not needing to redesign the $1 bill because
of the dollar coin replacing it. Thats the biggest bunch of bull,
otherwise they would have done it years ago)