Old August 6th 03, 01:53 PM
Bertha

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:24:04 GMT, Frank Provasek
muttered something like:

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

Good for ebay. Not giving the email address prevents "listwashing," and
forces the mail sender to take proper measures to ensure a clean, fully
opt-in mailing list. http://mail-abuse.org/manage.html

Hopefully you're confirming that each and every one of these people WANTS
to be on your list before you start sending them mail. Ebay is right to
be aggressive about the spam issue; if I were going to get added to
another damn spam list every time I bought something on ebay, I wouldn't
be buying anything. Very bad for ebay.

-Bertha
--
The other day upon the stair