Old June 26th 05, 12:59 AM
jim menning

"BigDog" wrote in message
ups.com...
Need some expert RCC advice on how this happens:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8312958705

My bid (reblone2) @ 16:04:054---Ok, worked fine, next bid was at
16:01:57 and was higher than mine, so all is fine, but the next and
winning bid came at 16:01:46, or 8 seconds before my bid went in,
and
11 second before the guy that beat me out. How can the times be
thus?

I am sure that there is an explanation somewhere but I tried going
thru
the maze of ebay rule recs and questions and could not shake out
anything I could understand.

Rick

You are probably confused because the results only show the highest
proxy effect of the winning bidder.

The winning bidder put in a higher bid than yours, prior to your bid.
You only get the satisfaction of making the bidder list because it
needs to be shown to legitimize the final amount. In reality, your
bid was never enough to become the high bidder at any time.

jim menning