Old June 30th 03, 03:14 AM
Lee Cochenour

Default Book Advice

I have some questions about an item that I have had for some time. It is
a "manuscript" for Clive Cussler's "Sahara". It is two voulmes of typed
8.5X11 pages, I guess that it was too big to do in one volume in this format.
Each Volume has been bound together very simply. The cover of the first one
has "SAHARA A Novel Clive Cussler" typed on the cover as well as "Pass for
Press 12/11/91" and then a list of 11 names. One of the names had a line
drawn from it to a handwritten "12". The second volume has "SAHARA by Clive
Cussler" typed on it and the "Vol. II" handwritten below that. The actual
text of the book is corrected in several pages, so it appears that the book
was actually edited from the original of these pages. I was given this in
1992 by the fiction book buyer of a large independent bookseller. I met
Cussler a few years later and showed it to him. He was very surprised to see
and said that it was quite a rarity. He signed the title page with "Zowie!
Clive Cussler '94".
My questions: What is the proper term for this item? Is it a maunscript,
a manuscript copy? Any ideas as to it's worth? What would be the best way for
me to find a value and to possible sell it. Thanks for your help!

Lee Cochenour
"I am Elmer J. Fudd millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht."
Check out the Celebrity Book Signings & Events site at:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8944/