Old May 30th 05, 08:18 AM
Jeff R

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
Jeff, I can't believe you're so obsessed with Reid you'd create a site
just to start a ****y flame war. Jeff, why did you put Reid in a red
dress?

Why, Ted?
You excited?

Since you're a little slow on the uptake, Ted, let me point out a few home
truths:

1) Not obsessed. I created these little fun graphics about two years ago.
It doesn't actually take much effort to repost their URL. (Do you need me
to spell out U.R.L., Ted?)

2) I didn't create a site for Reid. Don't be silly. Reid's parody pages
occupy a tiny, insignificant proportion of my personal webspace.

3) A "****y flame war"? Have you *seen* this page?
http://mendosus.com/****i.html ...and you still use that term? Do you
understand *ridicule* when it jumps up and slaps you across the face? Ted,
I was *ridiculing* Reid for the use of grade-school childish epithets such
as "****y flamejunking" by rhetorically and graphically comparing it with
the classic cartoon figure, "Pippi Longstocking". Most other folk got the
joke. Would you like a clearer explanation? Your continued, unabashed and
unembarrassed use of the term suggests you "just don't get it".

(HINT: Its not language that grownups use, Ted.)

4) Reid in a red dress? Because that's what Alicia Silverstone wore when
she was utterly clueless. Hence the connection to Reid.

= = = = =

Ted, it was fun creating these little graphical diversions. The crew at
Monty Python made a fortune airing similar ****takes - though I don't dare
to suggest that I aspire to their lofty heights.

Many on this NG enjoyed them. I certainly did, and that's enough for me.

If they irritate Reid and Nick, then that's a bonus!

--
Jeff R.