Old July 28th 06, 11:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Default Head cleaners

If you want to keep your head cleaner sealed, that's cool. I have a few
sealed ones. I can't see how your are going to damage your heads, etc
on your player if you use a head cleaner a time or too. I use a q-tip
and rubbing alcohol all the time. Don't we all?
Scott Irvine wrote:
Is this true:

I strongly
recommend that they never be opened and certainly never be used, since
8-track head cleaners were invented by tape recorder manufacturers to
destroy tape head so that people would have to go out and buy another
tape machine. Cleaning your machine is done much more efficiently,
safely and
cheaply with q-tips and some rubbing alcohol...

I found this in the archives. I was going to ask opinions of head
cleaning cartridges and was doing some research. I have four of them. Do
they really do anything? I have read that a Q-tip and alcohol is much
better. Any replies appreciated. Thanks,

Scott Irvine