Old February 25th 13, 04:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default The Russian Postal Service and the Meteorite

Aren't you paying attention, Rien? USPS will continue delivering
packages on Saturdays.

Not according to the message my local Postmistress received. But then
perhaps city vs rural is handled differenty with them too?

"WASHINGTON — The United States Postal Service announced plans today
to transition to a new delivery schedule during the week of Aug. 5,
2013 that includes package delivery Monday through Saturday, and mail
delivery Monday through Friday. The Postal Service expects to generate
cost savings of approximately $2 billion annually, once the plan is
fully implemented."

Now ... since these recent 'decisions' also include chopping the hours
or rural PO's, the PM will NOT be at the PO on Saturday, as First
Class mail will not be delivered!

So .... NO DELIVERY ON SATURDAY for the rural US.

Also on the 'block' is 'compressing' the rural PO's hours to 10 AM to
3 PM, Monday to Friday.

Victor is right. Best solution for each individual may differ. I live in
the city. UPS store is right next to my Post Office branch. I have no
problems with FedEx or UPS deliveries.

Nor did I living in a smoggy city. However as I keep posting - Fedup
Hex does NOT deliver 'ground services' in the rural areas! They toss
it to a sub-contractor, no liability, claim in the tracking it's
'delivered' and wash their hands. It -=may=- arrive a week and more
later!

OH yes, we're also now into the 'extended delivery zone' with a
SURCHARGE! Simply a case of a company not wanting to really serve,
just skim the cream.

Last package I was forced to get that way was left in the rain up at
the barn's equipment door. So I tell -=all=- merchants, if they want
my order, they use UPS or USPS.