Old February 23rd 13, 03:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default The Russian Postal Service and the Meteorite

USPS is the only carrier
that does not charge extra for Saturday delivery or that can service post
office boxes.

Saturday delivery is going away.
UPS does deliver to PO boxes in mail centres. Contrast that with NO
delivery by the PO and weekly delivery by Fedup Hex to my home! UPS
delivers daily!

FedEx was the leader in prices, and the most green, with 329 hybrid
vehicles, 19 electric vehicles, and 406 alternative fuel vehicles.

Stats can be twisted ... IF you run your 'regular' big van, nearly
empty, over a long route and -=also=- run another truck over the same
route [contract 'carrier'], then you aren't 'green' but a fuel waster!

So, which is best? The bottom line is that it depends on what you ship,
where you ship it and what packing-materials needs you have, if any. It

Any time I've compared Fedup Hex with UPS, they wer 12-15% higher
-and- UPS will pick up at my door! This saves me 2 gallons of gas to
take my package to the Fedup Hex 'drop box' in a pharmacy two towns
away. Again limited stats are alwaysmisleading.

depends on your customer service needs, and your sensitivity to
environmental issues. The best solution for your ecommerce business may not
be the best for mine. It depends."

NO, getting the package here, in a reasonable time, in good condition
is the concern.

BTW with all the laugh about elecric cars and such, they have all
forgotten that electricity, for the most part is a polluting
generation process! Just because the actual vehicle doesn't emit
pollutants, one needs to realize those were emmitted when the
electricity was -=generated=-. Further there's the bigger problem of
the lead and other high contaminents when the cars are repaired or
junked! None of the Greenies bother to address this MAJOR problem!