Old August 16th 03, 03:13 PM
TC

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:39:12 +0200, "bc92" wrote:

In ,
J. A. Mc. complained:
In looking at David's "Auction(s) of the Week", I thought I'd check
Yaboo for any Penny Reds or other UK material I'm hunting.

Unfortunately (as do many US dealers) they confuse the Commonwealth
with Great Britain and lump them all as 'one'.

"Can I help you?"
"I'm looking for Great Britain"
"Oh, yes, I have some very nice Canada!"

To separate out ... I tried a simple search.

They responded; with; " No Search Results found for GB or Britain in
British Commonwealth".

Hi,

I fail to see the problem,
In my version of Yahoo.com (US), Great Britain items are found in the
"United Kingdom" list, which appears in "Europe", not "British
Commonwealth".
Am I missing something ?

No. Other than the UK is also part of the Commonwealth,
as are Malta, Gibraltar and Cyprus which are all
(I believe) also in Europe - if not the European Union.

Blair