Old October 6th 15, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oepepper[_2_]

Default JFK 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 11:25:37 AM UTC-7, Old Usenet User wrote:
Got on the Mint site at Noon Wednesday - system was a little slow and I
had to reload the page a few times during checkout but I got my order
for two in.
Notified that they were shipped today.
They apparently sold out because when I looked at the Mint site today,
they are on back order.
So, despite all the ****ing & moaning in the numismatic press and
elsewhere, I've obtained the first 3 sets with a minimum of effort.

I believe the mintage will be 50,000 for the LBJ set too. It would appear that all those irate letters to the editor in the coin publications was not really about missing out on a chance to own a set but the chance to own a low mintage issue they could make some money off of.....lol. Now that every one has a chance to get one it takes a bit longer to sell out!