Old February 19th 09, 12:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jimmy

Default Roll Call? (& time to de-lurk)

"Sparafucile" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:57:55 -0600, Dave Garrett wrote:

What browser are you using? I tried to change the text size in IE
using
the View-Text Size menu selection, but it had no effect.

Using Firefox, however, the View-Zoom commands work just fine to
enlarge or decrease the text size.

That's because MS makes it difficult to enable; I prefer Firefox
anyway, especially since it has all of those great extensions to kill
ads and popups like Adblocker and NoScript....

In IE, go to: Tools - internet options - the "General" tab - at the
bottom, Appearance - click the Accessibility button - check "ignore
font sizes specified on webpages"- then "OK" your way out. Whew, those
guys at MS really want you to work at this!

Now your Text Size command will work.

--
1 Ciao,

Serge

ŽI love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by
little, the cats become its visible soul.¡
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

Wow! Who would ever have guessed? You are right, and thanks. Why it
wouldn't be a default remains a mystery. It seems there's a lesson to be
learned he drill down through all the menus, no matter how obscure
they look.

--
Alan