Old February 7th 05, 07:21 PM
Eric Kenneth Bustad

I suppose the "Post-it" type tape might be reasonably safe.

= Eric

In article ,
Ada Prill wrote:
I have NOT tried this myself, but I have been told that if one puts multiple
strips of peelable tape across the stamps on such a sheet (on the front),
temporarily holding them in place with respect to the surrounding paper,
that it becomes much easier to peel the backing away without dislodging the
stamps from their position on the sheetlet. As soon as the intact sheetlet
is attached to a cover, remove the peelable tape so it doesn't stick itself
down more firmly.

As I said, I haven't tried it, but it seems worth considering.

Ada

"Eric Kenneth Bustad" wrote in message
I would like to create a cover using the upcoming US "Northeast
Deciduous Forest" sheet, P/O the "Nature of Amarica" series. This will
have a single design over the entire sheet, with 10 individual die-cut
stamps scattered over it. All self-adhesive.

Can people tell me what methods they have used to attach an entire
sheet like this to a cover? I can see a few possiblities:

1) Carefully peeling off the entire backing paper w/o separating
any stamps and applying the (hopefully) fully intact front to
the cover using the self-stick glue.

2) Using glue to attach the whole sheet, including the backing
paper, to the cover

Does anyone have any better ideas?

--
= Eric Bustad, Norwegian bachelor programmer