Old December 6th 04, 06:30 PM
Jim Menning

My response was based entirely upon reading Frank's own posts in the

past, and his previous replies directed to me. What I've learned from

them tells me I can't trust him. What do we really know about this

man to think that he has any higher morals than your typical Catholic

priest? I certainly wouldn't suggest he has committed the crimes

mentioned in the original post, but as I pointed out, we also have no

way of knowing he hasn't.

In the case of this thread, it was an obvious spoofed post that

started it, and no one is foolish enough to report him based upon the

information presented. In other words, people need to stop taking

these things so seriously. Yes, the original post was potentially

harmful, but only to those idiots foolish enough to believe there was

any truth in the actual specifics in it. And they aren't likely to be

customers of Frank in the first place. (Or wait, if they are that

dumb, they may indeed be customers of Frank's. Who knows?)

My response to you Jim is that Frank is far from an "honest" man. His

posts to these groups have proven over and over again how he changes

his stories to try to defend himself. His later posts contradict his

earlier posts. He and his cohorts have come back over and over again

to restart threads that had died weeks previously. Do you all need

the attention that bad? In Frank's case with his attitude, when he

re-opens a thread, he is begging for people to attack him further.

Has he spammed? By the common Usenet perception he has. Can he be

convicted in a criminal court of it? Not likely, the laws regarding

spamming are specific enough to disallow most instances of common

spam.

But in any case, he has "spammed" according to the eBay rules, which

is what this particular group is concerned with. If he violates any

eBay rule he doesn't like, what other rules of society might he

disobey? He agreed to the terms of service when he joined eBay, and

claims himself that he has not followed them, because their

definitions don't match what he would like them to be. That makes him

disrespectable and untrustworthy in my opinion. If others wish to

share that view, or wish to blindly pledge allegiance to him, that is

their choice to make.

jim menning