Old January 18th 04, 03:25 PM
Paladin

(jimmyfc) wrote in message . com...
(Gabriel) wrote in message . com...
Thanks for the information I have received.
I have ran a Google search for the word 'foxing', and what I have seen
does indeed confirm it's a fungus that develops in humid conditions.

However, recommended treatments I have encountered are done by experts
and are far more expensive than the worth of the bills I have. Is
there a cleaning product I can buy from the store ?
Regarding the first question, I am using Vinyl or Nylon paper-holder
for A4 paper size. Is it a good solution to remove all the air from
the bag and seal it? Will this stop the decay on damaged bills ?

You should remove any bills from vinyl holders ASAP and put then in
holders made of mylar or a similar inert material.

This is out of one of my books and no guaranties:The chemical and
physical characteristics of the bank note,it's age and condition,the
type of stain,the stains location on the note,the penetration of the
note's surface by the stain-all of these must be evaluated in
selecting a chemical for stain removal and in determining what
concentration of the stain removal chemical to use.Some conservators
will avoid removing a stain that covers any printed part of a rare
noteHere is a solution for removing mold stains 50%ethyl
alcohol/50%hydrogen peroxide and again no guaranties.Let us know how
it work out.