Old August 28th 08, 11:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Matthew[_2_]

Default pilot capless problems

I recently purchased a capless and am liking the pen quite a bit.
The trouble is that I think I have recieved a bad nib unit. The
first ink I tried was a pilot cartridge and within 20 minutes
ink was running down the tip of the nib. The leak is coming
from where the gold nib connects to the unit body. It is slow
but makes the pen unusable as is.

For a temporary fix I built a few coats of wax on that part of
the pen, it has stopped the problem enough for a couple of
days.

I'm really not sure how these nib units are fit together, but
the fit on mine is bad or missing sealant. Been thinking of using
rubber cement to seal that area more permenantly.

What is pilot customer service like? Any other options on the
cheap?

matthew