Old May 26th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Someone with a KM catalog look up a coin for me?

"Brian O" wrote in message
I've heard that the Cook Islands has issued a $1 denomination coin that
depicts Elvis Presley. The date of the coin is 2004. If anyone has a
2005
catalog or later could confirm this and maybe get the Krause number for
me,
it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Considering the odd mix of topics commemorated on Cook Islands coinage
(Oregon Trail, Ghenghis Khan, Garfield, the Pope, and the
anatomically-correct fertility god Tangaroa) one would certainly expect
to see Elvis among them. But a careful examination of my 2006 catalog
shows oodles of coins with the Queen, but, alas, none showing the King.
I note, though, there are few items listed that bear a date after 2001.
I wonder if they are behind in their listings. It would not be
surprising, as poor Fred Borgmann is always inundated with NCLT material
and does what he can to keep up with it. The 2007 cat should be out
soon, and I'll check that when I get it (if I can remember, that is).

Mr. Jaggers

But then, there's

http://www.unicover.com/EA8RDMDH.htm

and

http://store.topicalcoins.com/endeav...uct/42917.html

and

http://www.elvisspecialties.com/cata...in_3324708.htm

not to mention

http://catalog.hsn.com/prod-123678/co/co0007/co0009/hp!gs!dept!cat/1979795/1979795.htm

and...I know I'm definitely in the wrong business.

Mr. Jaggers

How could I forget Marshall Islands? Their KM-124 is a 1993R (Roger
Williams Mint, Rhode Island, I kid you not) $5 coin showing Elvis. Catalog
value $5 in prooflike.

Mr. Jaggers