Old June 22nd 09, 10:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Australia~ "AR" card.

Superb Tony,
you have left that to me in your will, of course.
Goodness, that script is sooooo much like Thai script
I feel I could read it.
If only.

Were you aware that was an AR card prior?
You have shown me that cover before.

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
Now, Young Rodney, I have a real AR treat for you: a TravAncore AR
form, on original cover. (Warning: these are 600 dpi scans, so
rather hefty.) Here is the back:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...coreARform.jpg

and the front:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...Rformfront.jpg

the address side (using an Economy Slip) of the cover to which it was
attached, by a dab of glue to the top left corner of the Economy slip:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ddressside.jpg

and the business side, with a splash of SG O108s:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...over-front.jpg

rodney wrote:
Thanks Blair,
now that makes sense.
A fairly expensive option, none the less.

"Blair"
To clarify, the stamps on the AR card paid the
AR fee, not postage. The card was returned to
the sender WITHOUT additional postage.

I guess that, technically, the returned card
was treated as "OHMS" or "On Postal Service".

Blair

Blair