Old July 1st 03, 06:29 AM
TomDeLorey

I'll be in Baltimore, at Harlan Berk's table.
Tom DeLorey
..
Subject: 1964 Proof Accented Hair Kenneday half question
From: Chuck D'Ambra
Date: 6/30/2003 11:25 PM Central Daylight Time
In article ,
nowspam (TomDeLorey) wrote:

It's easiet to check the reverse. All Accented Hair 1964 Proof halves have
the
Type One reverse. No regular hair 1964 Proof halves have the Type One
reverse.
.
To tell the Type one reverse, look at the four stars to the right of the
eagle's head and neck. There is a ray that touches the right side of two of

the
stars. On the Type One reverse, the ray is broken where it touches the two
stars, so that you can see the lower right notch of the stars. On the Type
Two
reverse (and all subsequent Kennedies) the ray is continuous, and you

cannot
see the lower right notch of the two stars.
.
Tom DeLorey

I just checked five 1964 proof sets. All of them appear to have the
same unaccented hair, and none have a missing serif on the "I" that Harv
mentioned in another post. However, one of them appears to have what
you call the type 1 reverse. I'll bring it to Colorado Springs this
weekend and/or the ANA Convention in Baltimore, if you'd care to have a
look.