Old March 14th 05, 09:15 PM
Jon Meyers

wrote...
I'm pretty sure that this is a bibliographic 'ghost' caused by a
misreading of an early edition of Ahearn. I remember debating this for
some time with a colleague but no longer have that edition of Ahearn--
had to do with a misplaced comma or something of the sort....

Yes--while I was misreading McBride, I went ahead and misread the Ahearns
while I was at it. Their note about the incorrect date also refers to the
UK edition. (Not a good day for me all around, I'd say; sometimes you see
what you think you're going to see and not what's actually there.)

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose