Old March 13th 05, 05:16 PM
Jon Meyers

wrote...
I have read that the first Viking printing of "The Dharma Bums'

incorrectly
states "First Published in 1950". What printing then is the edition that
states "Published in 1958" with no statement of a 2nd or later printing.

McBride does say that the first state of this book shows the 1950 date, and
"may or may not have label correcting this error." There are (at least) two
possible explanations of a "Published in 1958" copy: 1) It's the second
state of the first printing, after the correction was made. But I don't know
if such a state even exists; the Ahearns make no mention of it. 2) It's a
book club edition, which may or may not have had the error in the first
place.

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose