Old June 30th 05, 05:24 PM
Roger Smith

"John DeBoo" wrote in message
Looks like the Rev. Jesse Jackson and some others are outraged at Mexico's
newest stamp release that shows a black cartoon character "Memin Pinguin"
on them (as per our local newspaper today). I guess they're still
stinging from remarks Mexico's President Vicente Fox made a couple weeks
ago blacks. I wonder when some of this 'overboard' sensitivity stuff
will end? They're stamps, and I don't see them screaming to purge the
world of the Little Black Sambo books that were about during my childhood.

John

Does this Jackson object to the Simpsons (white cartoon characters)? He
will try to ban golliwogs next.

Regards, Roger