Old December 6th 03, 03:20 PM
Bob Peterson

"Mike" wrote in message
If anyone want dollar coins, all you have to do is go to the local post
office and put 5, 10, or 20 dollars (currency) into the stamp machine, and
they will give you a whole pocketful of nice new dollars. (At least where

live) I like to stop in once a month and get 20 dollars worth, minus

stamp
price of course, and circulate them.
WHEN, will the manufacturers of vending machines figure out that it is so
much easier to use dollar coins than it is to fool around trying to feed a
crumpled one dollar bill into a vending machine!

I think they have figured it out, but since few people have dollar coins in
their pockets to feed the machines, they will be using crumbled up dollar
bills for the foreseeable future.

My guess is the next big shift in vending machines will be away from cash
altogether. Some kind of smart card. You pay in advance and the machine
deducts your purchases from your balance, much like gift cards work now.