Old May 29th 05, 03:05 AM
Blaine

It may work if there was a two dollar coin, kinda like Canada, and perhaps a
five dollar coin

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
news:1117323785.ae1af97eb3a6a16a147d18c983b04570@t eranews...
On Sat, 28 May 2005 22:47:18 GMT, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:

(I imagine that if people started using tons of Twos
they might keep printing them, BUT if the intent is to transition folks

over
to dollar coins, then using more Twos would work against that goal.).

Not really.

I've expressed the opinion here in the past that elimination of the $1
note would have to be accompanied by increased usage of the $2 note
with the express purpose of silencing the naysayers who complain that
doing away with the $1 note would lead to pockets brimming with $1
coins.

With increased usage of the $2 note the only times it would be
absolutely necessary to give a $1 coin in change would be for
tendering amounts of $1 and $3. All other amounts could be met by
using combinations of $2, $5, $10 and $20 notes.