Old September 12th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.sport.misc
[email protected]

Default Collectible or just a cool story? Brandi Chastain autograph on July 1999 Newsweek cover.

I saw Brandi Chastain in the San Jose Airport a few months after the
1999 World Cup, and I happened to have a copy of Newsweek with Brandi
on the cover because my grandmother wanted me to read an article about
Atlanta's urban sprawl.

I approached Brandi and asked if she'd sign it, and she did. She
expressed regret that the only pen available was a ball-point, and not
a Sharpie, but it is legible.

"To Kate,

Thanks for watching!

Best Wishes,

Brandi Chastain"

The magazine has been knocking around my work cubicle for many years
now, and I know I should be taking better care of it.

How collectible is an item like this?