Old February 2nd 13, 02:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default USPS - Immunity from local traffic laws

"The Postal Service requires its employees to obey all traffic laws and
rules while operating Postal Service vehicles. However, the state and/or
local ordinances imposing penalties and fines cannot be enforced as against
the Postal Service."

East Cleveland Mayor Gary Norton said he was flummoxed.

"I was unaware that the Post Office doesn't have to stop at red lights or
obey the speed limit," he said. "But since they are, I wish I'd get my mail
faster."

Source:
http://www.cleveland.com/tipoff/inde...t_pay_eas.html

--