Old January 30th 05, 03:34 PM
Evelyn C. Leeper

Matt J. McCullar wrote:

I just happened to stumble across this, and I'm very glad.

The Friends of the Fort Worth Public Library have set up an actual store to
sell used/damaged/obsolete books. No longer will they hold massive,
once-a-year booksales at Will Rogers. Fun, yes, but apparently much more
practial to be able to sell books all the time, rather than just one weekend
each year (which some people miss because they forget, are out of town, or
whatever).

They had the grand opening this past Saturday, and it happened to be in my
old neighborhood in southwest Fort Worth: it's in the shopping complex at
the corner of Trail Lake Dr. and Wedgmont Circle. The big electric sign
over the storefront says it all: "BOOKS." They're open each week,
Wednesday through Saturday; they're working on being open on Sundays, too.

I think this is a terrific idea and I told the staff so. Yes, I filled a
bag full of books for great prices.

I'm wondering: are other city libraries doing something similar? Seems like
a good idea to me, because I love booksales and don't like the idea of
having to miss one.

Most libraries here (NJ) have continuing book sales, which vary in size
of course. They also have a larger annual sale as well.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper