Old November 3rd 04, 04:39 PM
Luciano Evaristo Guerche

"amesh \(Mette\)" wrote in message ...
In yesterday's lot with the Egyptian overprints I have also found these four
items from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They all seem different in design,
size and colour, and all have the mention of "Secours Guerche" or simply
"Guerche". The word "secours" would indicate aid of some kind, but
"Guerche" ...? They all seem to have a face value that resembles to our way
of writing 1/8 (but probably says something different). They are all used,
and the perforation is exactly what you see -- rather poor and uneven. Does
anyone know what they are?

http://shoebox.heindorffhus.dk/SaudA...ursGuerche.jpg

I am not a stamp collector, but really interested in knowing why would
stamps in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia be named after my surname.

--
Luciano Evaristo Guerche
Taboao da Serra, SP, Brazil