Old August 28th 12, 08:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Default What do you collect?

Hello!

I collect for more then 60 years, I'd began at 7. and I am over 70.
now!! I had never stopped to collect, I am member from CCCC (see here
http://www.covercollectors.org/, it's an APS member) since 1957 to find
friends in foreign countries I collect, bit now for some countries I
don't find friends, it's a pity..

I collect so:

France used only from "before stamp", one letter with each type of
cancelation, to now , older also on letter and different cancelations
on stamp alone or letter; I collect a lot of French things, always
used, and have still more duplicates from beginning to now necessary to
exchange with foreign friends.

Swizerland used from "Strubeli" to now , I use Zumstein; I search a
friend in this country to get modern used stamps;

USA used from beginning to 1990, include precancels, I am APS member
(mainly to get a newspaper I have interest and to have to read
english); search mainly stamps before 1940 (straight edges) and
precancel (but now time to discover all stamps I bought on Ebay 2 years
ago); I search also a friend in the States, it seems difficult to find
one that still collect French stamps; I use Scott specialized

All Scandinavian countries used, with Facit or Michel and search a
friend in Finnland and Iceland (I had never one in this country).

All countries from older Yugoslavia (before and after) mint or used,
how I find the stamps, but this collection is sleeping because not easy
to find friends in those countries now, they have other things to do
then collecting stamps

I have now stopped to collect Argentinia and Israël mint because no
time and they are mint collection, used stamps are better for me!!

I think I have not miss out something!

Best wishes for this week!

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama