Old May 21st 08, 03:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default I'm confused...this IS an 8-track collecting newsgroup isn't it?

On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:17:56 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

But McCain is too crackers to know from music altogether.

I have yet to see one of those reports of "what's on their
iPod" for either of these three jokers.snip

As if it matters a whit....

If genuine, it would be interesting
reading (though probably compiled by some pimply faced 22 year old staffer). snip

Rumor has surfaced from unreliable sources that GWB has "My Pet Goat"
in a Powerpoint presentation on his phone.

I am pretty sure it would not be "what's playing on their 8 track". snip

I could fix them up with some remaining 8 tracks and a car player
gathering dust, although I'm relatively sure it'd be politely refused.
Perhaps 8 tracks would be a fun segment for Andy Rooney to do on "60
Minutes." Perhaps the script would go like this:

""I never had much use for music in a car...you're supposed to drive,
not be entertained. Music is good, but I have a real problem trying
to listen to music while driving. Too confusing. They've come up
with all sorts of ways to listen to music in a car...AM radio, 8
tracks, cassettes, CDs...what ever happened to 8 tracks? Funny how
things surface and disappear like that. Now they have cars that talk
to you. I don't even like to listen to some people that much, and now
cars talk to you. Ford even has cars you can talk to. Isn't it kind
of strange to be talking to a car? Maybe, but sometimes I'd rather
talk to a car than a lot of people."