Old May 21st 08, 03:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default I'm confused...this IS an 8-track collecting newsgroup isn't it?

On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:13:48 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Which reminds me of when you would be driving along a highway
back in about 1970 and there would be a strand of 8 track tape stuck to and
fluttering from a fence or signpost alongside the road. snip

That was replaced not long after by fluttering 1/8" tape fluttering in
the breeze from a broken cassette, common in the early days due to
broken leader splices, and later due to people refusing to maintain
their machines.

Zing....right out
the passenger side window for that cart and it's crappy fidelity. I bet in
todays "aware" society no one would just chuck one out the window. Mores the
pity, as that should be the reward for a balky cart. Plus someone could come
along, rescue it, and put it up on eBay. snip

Odd, but now and then I see a snake of ½" video tape along the road.
What gives there? Chucking VHS cassettes out the window as a sign of
disapproval of a movie? Actually, I think that's where our anti-hero,
Charlie Nudo, got all the tape to make all those fraudulent copies of
"So Wrong, They're Right" back when he was committing that petty crime
as "coolsitesnsounds" on eBay. The quality indeed reflected some bad
machines and extreme tape wear. More likely was the cause I
diagnosed...Noodles using a bunch of throwaway rental cassettes,
recorded on a machine with worn out heads.

That scam sure didn't last long, as anyone who's been in this NG for
eons would know.