Old September 18th 03, 09:24 PM
Don Ford Lavina, MT

Well, it's a case of "buyer beware" as always, but the blame has to go
first and foremost to the card companies. While the redemption cards
state something to the effect that if such-and-such specific card
can't be redeemed then we'll give a comperable replacement, it's the
card companies who are leading the collectors to believe they will get
the card they want as a redemption. It should be a case of "put up or
shut up" but it isn't. If a company doesn't have the auto, jersey or
whatever, then they shouldn't give redemptions for it. If they can't
make it for one product, hold it over for another. It's not like the
card companies won't distribute about 75 different issues a year. The
players might be lazy, the teams might not send over the memorbilia,
but it's not the players or the teams making the promises to
collectors - it's the card companies.

(LARGE EYES) wrote in message ...
While I feel for you, and believe the companies are somewhat to blame, much of
the blame has to be put on the players. They're the ones refusing to sign (see
SPX from last year...people are just now getting redemptions, still no
Shockeys).