Old April 10th 13, 12:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
ComputerSpace

Default NSM Satellite 200 Free Play Help

On Apr 9, 10:22*am, John Robertson wrote:
On 04/09/2013 9:57 AM, wrote:

On Friday, March 29, 2013 6:02:22 PM UTC-7, John Robertson wrote:
On 03/28/2013 12:32 PM, ComputerSpace wrote:

Hello all,

I'm not sure how much this group is read, but I need to start

somewhere...

I picked up a fully working NSM Satellite 200 last weekend. It seems

to be a great juke and I love the light organ

built into it. *I would like to program it for free play. I have the

manual, here is what I've done, but does not seem to

work;

Enter P10

Changed the max credits to 254 as the manual says for free play

Close the cover.

I go back into P10 and check the setting and it shows 254 credits, but

in the credit display I'm seeing the number of

credits that happened to be on the box at the time of programming.

Playing a song results in the credit counter

dropping. *When credits reach 0, I can not select any additional

songs.

So, I've managed to changed the P10 - free play - setting to 254

credits but it seems to not have put the juke

into free play.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here?

TIA

Tom

Hi Tom,

As I recall setting these on Free Play also requires the key switch on

the machine to be in the correct position. If that doesn't help email me

tomorrow and I'll check my NSM manual at the shop.

John :-#)#

PS. Found a cute fix for noise on the Computer Space score/time display

- you may see (at least on the single player version) artifacts of the

display above showing up faintly in the digits directly below. Usually a

thin white line that may make a 3 look a bit like a nine or an eight.

The cure is adding a 250pf cap on pin 8 of C5 on the innermost board.

I'll post pictures in the next couple of days.

--

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. *I'm not sure I understand about a 'key switch' on the
juke. *Can you elaborate about that? *I don't have any actual keys, but I was
able to get into the programming mode on the computer using the default code -
thank goodness someone didn't change it.

I am also interested in seeing what you've found on the computer space note you
mentioned.

Thanks!
Tom

Hi Tom,

The keyswitch (needs a key to work it - over-ride with a jumper) is on
the rear wall of the machine. I believe it has to be set correctly for
the Free Play to work.

John :-#)#

--
* * (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

Hi John,

Interesting, I'll have a closer look at the back this weekend.

Thx for the reply.

Tom