Old December 27th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default Grading Banknotes

"John B" wrote in message
I have some banknote which I would like to try and grade, I guess this
is a skill which comes with experience and takes time to acquire. I
found these two web sites which use a points system to assess grade,

http://bestbanknotes.com/grading.html

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Buying-qu...00000000829141

Are these a good starting point and also is it allowed to assign
values in between the 0,10,15 and 20 for each characteristic e.g a
note which falls between slight soiling and considerable soiling?

Are there any other web resources which might be useful in particular
any which show examples with good images.

Many Thanks,

The numerically based grading system does not work too well in my
experience.

Grading a banknote accurately is a skill that is learned by experience,
virtually NO ebay sellers have it.

Would you agree or disagrre with this grade? Is the note worth the price
paid? Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200289106986