Old December 24th 10, 10:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default The story about Joseph Michaelsen and UPU - and Merry Xmas :-)

Dear all,

I wish you a Merry Christmas! and a Happy New Year

It's not a Christmas story, but I've just finished an article about
the Danish postmaster who was declared the Father of UPU", but after
his dead this grand title was found not true.

However, a medal that was made in his name - was still "alive" for
many years after his dead and deroute. There is (in Chapter 8) a long
list of medal recipients.

If you have nothing else to do here at Christmas :-)
you can of course take look at the article:

http://www.norbyhus.dk/artiklermm/jm/

Link from my main page is coming "shortly" :-)

If you don't read Danish, you can let Google translate the pages into
English!

Thanks - and Merry Christmas!
--
Mvh Toke

"30-øres provisorierne fra 1955-1956" og
Den Danske Postetat, DDPE:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/