Old June 3rd 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

Default Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce

On Jun 2, 3:40*pm, sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net wrote:
Hles in pants pockets is an urban myth. Right now I have in my right pocket
carkeys, lighter, and $5.67 in change (a little more than usual but a half
and two goldies). In my left, truckbox keys, pocketknife, 66 adapter, ink
eraser, and a 10' metal tape measure. At the end of a working day there will
be also various parts, screws, bridging clips and vrious label covers. This
has been my load for many years, and my pants go out at the knees long
before the pocket can give out. Ever heft a woman's purse ? A few goldies
would not make any difference.

Yup. Round coins do not wear holes in pockets, especailly smooth edges
coins like Golden Dollars (and the incuse lettering does not abrade
pockets since it is incuse).

Car keys poke holes or wear holes in pockets. Especially the newer,
extremely long and jagged keys.

Another way to wear a hole is to carry around a nice sharp-cornered
BEP strap of bills. Those corners will (eventaully) wear through
average pockets.