Old February 14th 06, 01:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Pickering 345-03D Cartridge for Seeburg M100C?

Interesting .. that looks like a good one .

Mine is way different and appears to be an old original or upgrade of
some type .
No one seems to know much about it . It says Pickering on it .
Replacement needles came on a cardboard piece with Seeburgs name on it
and included 2 little needle puller tools .
The needles are very small metal L shaped with no plastic on them at all
, they slip in a hole in the cartridge .. each side .

I stood here with an original red an O3D and this gold Pickering pluging
them into my G . The red head sounds ok but a bit mushy or distorted .
The O3D was very clear and clean but very flat and reduced my volume by
2/3 . The Gold one boosted everything .

The O3D is a very good cartridge if you change a resistor in the amps
input . It is known to be kinder to records than most any other
cartridge but you have to be willing to spend $$$ If you cherish your
records or have rare ones and you play them every day then O3D is the
thng to get
If you have average garage sale records or 70`s stuff then the other
cartridges are fine and save $$