Old February 28th 21, 06:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
muhammad ashfaq

Default Buying coins on Ebay?

On Saturday, October 16, 2004 at 11:46:53 PM UTC+5, Reid Goldsborough wrote:
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:23:42 GMT, "Nick Knight"
wrote:
eBay has many traps. Yet there is no shortage of coins sold there; well
established dealers and knowledgable buyers (and this includes the
"specialty" of ancient coins). All using eBay successfully with mininal

This is exactly right. Michael and I are miles apart regarding eBay.
Michael has said he has never bought a coin there and he recommends
that others don't either. I've bought many, many coins there, as have
many, many people in this newsgroup -- U.S., world, and ancient -- and
I and others have gotten some very good deals. I've also sold a fair
share of coins on eBay and have done well also on the whole, which in
some cases means I've just gotten back my cost for the coin, which is
fine -- better than I would have done if I had sold to a dealer or
consigned to an auction house.
eBay eliminates the middleman and the often substantial costs
involved. For a very low transaction cost, you buy or sell directly,
without having to pay a dealer a markup when buying and an even higher
markup when selling. I've yet to be scammed on eBay, because I'm
careful. That's my point, and yours too. eBay can still be a bargain
hunter's paradise and a smart and cost-effective way to deal coins.
Regarding Jimmy's initial post, here's a list of reliable, recommended
eBay sellers of ancient coins, which I've posted here before. This
isn't a complete list, but buying from these dealers will
significantly reduce eBay's inherent risk.
Recommended Dealers of Ancients Coins on eBay
(alphabetical order by last name)
Parviz Ahghari of Pars Coins
parscoins
Plamen Arsoff of Ancient Treasures
ancient_treasures
Kevin Barry of Barry & Darling Ancient Coins
tiberius
Elia Demetrious of Quality Ancient Coins
q.a.coins
Brad Bowlin of Eukratides Ancient Numismatics
eukratides
Dimitre Genov of Ancient Auction House
ancientauctionhouse.com
David Hendin of Amphora Coins
amphoracoins
Joe Karon of Atlantic Treasure Coins
littlejoe8668
Matt Kreuzer of Old Roman Coins-Classical Cash
oldromancoins
Ilian Lalev of Ancient Caesar
ancientcaesar
John Lavender of Atlantis
Atlantis
Mike Malter of Malter Galleries
malter-galleries
Barbara Francesca Serofilli of Mediterranean Coins
mediterraneancoins
Clark Smith of Gold Hill Coins
clarksmith
--
Email: (delete "remove this")
Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide

does any one want to buy my coins or stamps