Old October 17th 04, 04:02 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:32:44 -0400, "Jimmy Smith"
wrote:

Thanks for the list of possible Ebay dealers. Do you have a personal
opinion on Toni Hristov from Caesarscoins on Ebay?

I've bought two ancient coins from him, and both arrived and were as
described. Some of his coins have been questioned in the mailing list
discussion group Coin Forgery Discussion List, but like this newsgroup
(and others), that discussion group has a few angry people who can
drown out more reasonable discussion. On the other hand, at least one
credible person credibly questioned two of his coins. On the third
hand, the dealer in question sells a lot of coins ... as I see in
checking his current offerings ... and it's inevitable that fakes
occasionally do slip through even with the most trustworthy ancients
dealers. On the fourth hand, he appears to be one of these European
direct sellers, someone fairly close to the source, but not
necessarily a numismatist. His attributions appear to be pretty good,
though they're not on the level of a CNG, HJB, etc., but then again
you wouldn't expect them to be. Risk/reward. Your call. g

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide