Old May 27th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default My Silver hoard afternoon of fun

On Sat, 27 May 2006 03:40:27 GMT, "Harv" is alleged
to have written:
http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=506102

I shot the picture at the top of the page. Had a friend post it with a
made-up story. Waited to see what the reaction was. Then scroll down a bit
and you'll see my posting where I explain the whole thing.

It was, umm, an interesting experience.

So I have a dozen GEM BU 1964-D quarters sitting here in flips (explained in
the story) and I'm going to give them the looking over and submit what I
think are the best of them to PCGS. If any of them make MS67 (pray pray)
it's a $2000.00 coin. I looked at some very high resolution pictures of
1964-D PCGS MS67 quarters on Heritage and TeleTrade today and quite a few of
the dozen I have look every bit as good. I just don't know. I'm aching to
know and so I'm going to spend the money to find out.

Anyway, some of you might find the picture an story umm.. interesting.
Perhaps in a sort of "What walked in the store today" Wes sort of way. I
have never in my life had the opportunity to go through a hoard of Silver
like that before.

Harv

Oh, man. That had to be a great way to spend an afternoon. Better be
patient, PCGS turnaround time hasn't been the greatest recently.

Bruce (Good luck!)

ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner